Lead Scientists and Engineers Tanya Awabdy, Ph.D.
- B.S. in life sciences, MIT; Ph.D. in biochemistry, UC San Francisco
- Specializing in molecular biology, cell biology, and genetics
- Years of experience producing educational media for college-level science textbooks and intellectual property disputes
- Extensive experience designing animations and illustrations depicting concepts in molecular cell biology, genetics, and biotechnology
David Pribnow, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in biology, Harvard University; Research/Teaching Faculty, Oregon Graduate Institute; Research Faculty, Oregon Health & Science University
- 30-plus years’ research experience – cell & molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry
- 12 years’ biotechnology consultant – patent issues, molecular technology, biomedical devices, science advisory
- 20-plus years’ science education experience (molecular biology, molecular genetics, biomedicine) – taught all levels, including science teachers; developed curricula and materials, including visuals
- Substantial experience planning, designing and implementing graphics to support biotechnology-related education – patent issues, product development, molecular technologies, biomedical applications
Brigitte Raumann, Ph.D.
- B.A. in biochemistry, UC Berkeley; Ph.D. in biology, MIT; Independent Research Fellow, UC San Francisco
- Biotechnology and project management experience as an associate director at Incyte Genomics
- Specializing in biochemistry, structural biology, and bioinformatics
- Has designed and directed numerous animations illustrating concepts in biotechnology and genetics
Mark O'Leavey, P.Eng.
- B.Sc. honors electrical engineering, University of Waterloo
- Visual human interface development and graphic design -- including the development of videos, animations and tutorials that explain science and technology to lay audiences
- Specializing in electrical and electronic engineering, including software, embedded systems, IC & device modeling, and health informatics
- Over 20 years of industry experience in the software, telecommunications, semiconductors, and medical technology
- Member, IEEE-USA Medical Technology Policy Committee (MTPC), Vice-chair of the Genomics and Bioinformatics Subcommittee
Roger Whitaker, PE, J.D.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, University of Washington (Tau Beta Pi)
- J.D., Doctor of Law, Northwestern Law School
- Professional registrations in mechanical and acoustical engineering
- Proficient in presenting engineering issues and clarifying technical analysis results to the public
- 14 years industry experience
- B.S. in electrical engineering, Kansas State University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Specializing in data communications, semiconductors, and embedded systems
- Has designed numerous board-level and system-level products
- Named on over a dozen electronics patents
- Over 20 years experience in the electronics industry, including 2 1/2 years with Intel Corporation as a chip designer, 5 years with Tandem Computers as a data communications system design engineer